Show off your house ducks!

Thank you so much. I do really appreciate your help.
When he is in the back yard, he usually stays on the edge of the pool or inside the pool. It is an above ground pool and I've noticed that he loves to be in high places.
When he is hot he flies to the porch and stays there. What kind of shelter do you recommend? Like a doggie house maybe?
The first time he flew away, he came back on his own like an hour later ( I was driving around looking for him)
The second time, I found him down the street sitting at the side road.
Third time (this morning) I drove around and he was on a neighbors front yard. They have a fountain and he was just hanging in there like nothing was happening lol
I'd clip like asap especially if any of your neighbors have dogs. a dog house would work unless your porch has cover then he may just like hanging out there. And try and find him a good size mirror with out sharp edges or have someone to frame one for you he will feel more at home when your not there if you can give him a friend. I imagine he is lonely when your not there for him and once hormones begin to run he'll be wanting to find a female [how old is he?} So a mirror will help.

When I had 4 drakes they would constantly be picking fights with each other and one evening when I went to lock up one of my drakes was missing I hadn't clipped any of my drakes I got my dh and my ds and we went looking I found him down along the river looking very scared so I came up from behind him and walked him home he got his wing clipped. I really don't think he would have flown off if he hadn't been harassed but we have a mountain river down below us I am just thankful he didn't fly onto it. Drakes fly very well as your finding out.

I'd clip like asap especially if any of your neighbors have dogs.  a dog house would work unless your porch has cover then he may just like hanging out there.  And try and find him a good size mirror with out sharp edges or have someone to frame one for you he will feel more at home when your not there if you can give him a friend.  I imagine he is lonely when your not there for him and once hormones begin to run he'll be wanting to find a female [how old is he?} So a mirror will help.

When I had 4 drakes they would constantly be picking fights with each other and one evening when I went to lock up one of my drakes was missing I hadn't clipped any of my drakes I got my dh and my ds and we went looking I found him down along the river looking very scared so I came up from behind him and walked him home he got his wing clipped. I really don't think he would have flown off if he hadn't been harassed but we have a mountain river down below us I am just thankful he didn't fly onto it. Drakes fly very well as your finding out. 

@Miss Lydia
I found him around 5 months ago and going by pics I saw online, he might have been 5-7 days old at the time.
I'm not really sure about his/her gender either lol
My porch has roof so it provides shade and he seems to like it. I also bought him an inflatable pool that is in the porch too but he hates it.
I think he might be feeling lonely and I also notice he liked mirrors. He goes in to my bathroom and stares at himself for hours lol
once again thank you so much for your time and help. It means the world to me.
I'm attaching pics of the day I found him and today
263a.png

I think he knows he did something wrong because he doesn't want to leave my side lol

@Miss Lydia
I found him around 5 months ago and going by pics I saw online, he might have been 5-7 days old at the time.
I'm not really sure about his/her gender either lol
My porch has roof so it provides shade and he seems to like it. I also bought him an inflatable pool that is in the porch too but he hates it.
I think he might be feeling lonely and I also notice he liked mirrors. He goes in to my bathroom and stares at himself for hours lol
once again thank you so much for your time and help. It means the world to me.
I'm attaching pics of the day I found him and today
263a.png

I think he knows he did something wrong because he doesn't want to leave my side lol
I am leaning towards female got any good pics of her from front and side standing? and go here and post too and lets see what others think Those pics are adorable.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/130753/muscovy-keepers-share-your-pics/15840

How about any aggression towards you like a drake would show towards a female like trying to mount your leg or biting?

Last edited:
@Miss Lydia @Buck Oakes
Not aggressive in mi opinion. Just moody from time to time. Attempts to bit when he/she gets picked up. He hates it.
I'll take side and front pics and post them.
Thank you so much for your help
2764.png

Miss Lydia @Buck Oakes
Not aggressive in mi opinion. Just moody from time to time. Attempts to bit when he/she gets picked up. He hates it.
I'll take side and front pics and post them.
Thank you so much for your help
2764.png
I think we agree female . Still post the side and front pics.. That will tell for sure.

Back
Top Bottom