Show off your house ducks!

Pics
Awwww, 'Fro duck on a sink layin' an egg in a diaper, nothing to see here! :p

And yes, Call Ducks are their own breed! They are a bantam breed like Mallards. They are the smallest and cutest domestic duck (yes I may be biased but seriously that's what they're bred for these days) and are also the loudest and the worst egg-layers of the bunch. Which is probably why they're bred to be cute. Very cute. Face-meltingly cute. ...What was I talking about, again?

Seriously, look at this guy!

http://d1j96f25uhu3hg.cloudfront.ne...ures/White-Call-C-Downing-Best-White-Call.jpg (BYC image import thingy is borked at the moment)
GIVE ME YOUR DUCK.

Ugh, I have HAD IT with Avian Fashions! I'm still waiting for her "grow out diaper" to arrive so I've been stuck using the cheap cutout ones I got through Goose Mother and her store, Avian Fashions. It's flimsy, cumbersome and I really hate using pins on my baby duck!

Well I just took it off of Wobbles to change out the pad and she yelped - somehow she'd gotten her wing underneath the neck loop and it yanked out two of her brand new flight feathers! I feel simply dreadful...I gave her some peas for a little consolation, but I just feel so guilty for hurting her. I'm sure the feathers will grow back but they were just finished growing, the blood vessels hadn't quite atrophied so I know it hurt her a lot. My poor Wobbles...

poor little wobbles.
hit.gif

hope she feels better.

poor little wobbles.
hit.gif

hope she feels better.

Thanks...I'm just so mad at myself! AND at Avian Fashions! $40 for four of these cheap-o cutout harnesses that don't work? Are you kidding me?

Sorry to get all worked up, I'm just so upset that I hurt my poor baby ._.

Thanks...I'm just so mad at myself! AND at Avian Fashions! $40 for four of these cheap-o cutout harnesses that don't work? Are you kidding me?

Sorry to get all worked up, I'm just so upset that I hurt my poor baby ._.
I'm so sorry! Poor little wobbles! I can't believe they sell those things with zero consequences! I wish there was a way to steer people away from them and toward other reputable sellers who actually care about your pets.

I'm so sorry! Poor little wobbles! I can't believe they sell those things with zero consequences! I wish there was a way to steer people away from them and toward other reputable sellers who actually care about your pets.

Me too...earlier in this thread I remember someone saying they simply delete their negative reviews so new customers are none the wiser. :/ I even stuck Wobs with the pin two weeks ago while trying to remove the harness. It's ridiculous. I wish I could make my own, but I'm about as handy as a thumbless turtle when it comes to sewing!

@amykins
You can review them on yelp. I'm not shure that that would help though. :/ ( ps don't feel bad it wasn't your fault that avian fashions is a cheep no good scam.)

Me too...earlier in this thread I remember someone saying they simply delete their negative reviews so new customers are none the wiser. :/ I even stuck Wobs with the pin two weeks ago while trying to remove the harness. It's ridiculous. I wish I could make my own, but I'm about as handy as a thumbless turtle when it comes to sewing!

Poor Wobs! But it's definitely not your fault. Don't worry though, I'll do the sewing for you =D

Back
Top Bottom