Show off your house ducks!

Pics
I wish my Kitties got along as well as they do with Quackers Lol. Judas (the daddy) keeps beating up his kids. My poor Furball gets it the most. Stressing him out so much he has patches of fur missing. :(

I have decided to hatch some anconas. I'm not sure the guy who said I could borrow his incubator is gonna come through for me... :/ And I'm suddenly worried I will hatch too many ducklings and they'll all be boys. Lol. Paranoid, much?

I have decided to hatch some anconas. I'm not sure the guy who said I could borrow his incubator is gonna come through for me... :/ And I'm suddenly worried I will hatch too many ducklings and they'll all be boys. Lol. Paranoid, much?

Lol how many were planning on getting? If I tried, knowing my luck they for sure would be all boys Lol.

Quote:
OH NO!!! That is so bad! Poor duck! Thanks again for the info. Her feet have been one of the first things that we've been keeping an eye on when I first found out about bumblefoot. And those vids of your kittens and Quackers......ADORABLE!!!! It's amazing how they just seem to treat her like their own. Floki does the same thing with Daisy, the bigger of our dogs, she will sit and groom thru her fur, and Daisy just lays there and sleeps, I think she likes it. Our cat....like I said, even in the beginning, she didn't seem to have an interest in Floki. Floki has no problem thou walking up to Lucy and either messing with her, or just sitting with her. We're lucky to have all our other pets get a long and love Floki.

Bwaha. Right? I thought I would get 4 eggs... I am hoping for 2-3 hens. Which would mean no more buying eggs from the store once they started laying.
That's so awesome! Floki is an Ancona, and she's just amazing......I'm jealous.
tongue.png

But all boys....or all girls....I'm sure you'll be happy either way. And yes....just having one duck....we have no need to buy eggs anymore....

So I'm wondering how other House Ducky Mama's here are keeping their babies cool.

I'm sure all of you have seen your ducks panting when they are hot. It happens mostly when she is on the bed with us, I'm assuming it's the blankets since there really isn't a way for air to flow thru and by them.

But even on cooler day during the summer...you kno, like in the 60's and 70's and we would be in hoodies and long sleeves on, and she would be panting.

One thing that works real well is, we have a plastic tray and we wet a bandanna and put it on the tray and it stays wet and cold to keep her feet cool, which works real well.....but I have to keep wetting the bandanna every half hour or so on days where she's warmer. But now that she's started laying, she spends a lot of time in her nest, and she made it our of towels and sheets, so it keeps in the heat. So we have to keep a fan on most the time right by her nest to try to keep her cool.

So other then baths and fans....stuff like that.....is there any tricks that you guys use to keep your duckies cool?

Oh....and @Amykins I have stared to make Floki a diaper too....and, yep.....what ever piece I have in my hands....that's what she wants. So my husband has to play like defense.....I hope mine comes out as good as yours.

At first my 3 older boys thought Quackers was a play toy. Well 2 of them did, Mr Humphries thought he was pray Lol. Judas don't pay her any attention, Meow would come running to Quackers rescue if someone was acting up, and the 3 babies well they see Quackers as one of them. It's funny seeing them trying to play with Quackers Lol. Before I wouldn't trust leaving Quackers alone with them for one minute. Not even to just get the mail. Now there's no problem with them. The only problem now is with Judas attacking Furball. Oh and with our dogs, Twankers use to sit there and stare at Quackers and drool. She'd have a big puddle in front of her. Now she goes outside with her and they "bark" at people passing by together lol. Rudy, well inside he doesn't do anything. Outside he thinks "Here's my chance to get me a duck dinner". So yeah he's not allowed outside when Quackers and Twankers are Lol.

:idunno I've never seen Quackers pant, is that odd? Lol. Not even when she's outside on a warm day.

Back
Top Bottom