Show off your house ducks!

Pics
Yup! She has a walking harness and is totally leash-trained. :p Although lately my hubby and I have taken her sans harness to a small, isolated pond a half mile away to try and teach her how to fly by placing her on one side and making a mad dash to the other, knowing she'll follow us. She hasn't been doing so great, but once her adult feathers come in I hear it'll be easier for her to get the hang of it.

We thought about getting a leash for her...but Floki will not wonder away from me. And we do the same...well not as much now cuz the weather...but we would go for walks.

And it had to be this way...

My husband in front.....Floki in the middle....and me in back.

If we got out of that order, Floki would freak and make us go back to that order.

Also, if you noticed in that vid, Floki had a sore on the bottom of her foot.....that's why I put that ointment on. And we had to make sure when we went for walks, there was all grass cuz her feet would get cut up and sore.

But the sore she has now, I'm confused on how she got them...cuz when we are outside for the day 99% of the time she is on the grass and then she'll walk on the sidewalks and driveway looking for bugs, but she's not on them enough to cut her feet....so I thought. So now everyday, until they are healed, we wash her feet and put ointment on them to prevent bumblefoot.

For next year when the weather gets nice, I'm going to order those duck feet protectors, especially when we go to the river and it's all gravel and rocks.....

Do you guys have to worry about Wobbs and Quackers feet?

Last edited:
Lmao that video is to funny, oh man my jaw hurts from laughing.
You get some awesome pictures, love em Lol. I'm gonna try clipping her nails, they are just way too sharp Lol. I do all my cats nails with the regular clippers too. So much easier than those fancy clippers. Quackers has been trying to fly lately. Earlier today she came running from the dining room into the living room flapping her wings running on her tippy toes Lol. It's sure gonna be weird to see her fly through the house. My cats are sure going to be entertained or scared Lol.

Last edited:
I've had my scare of bumble foot:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/923326/bumblefoot-please-say-no-lol#post_14073394
Even though people said it was, I really don't think so. I was going to look into getting Quackers some booties too. I am curious though on how you would even get their feet into them lol. I was actually thinking of making some. It's just on one of those long "I'll get to it... eventually" lists Lol.

Lmao that video is to funny, oh man my jaw hurts from laughing.
You get some awesome pictures, love em Lol. I'm gonna try clipping her nails, they are just way too sharp Lol. I do all my cats nails with the regular clippers too. So much easier than those fancy clippers. Quackers has been trying to fly lately. Earlier today she came running from the dining room into the living room flapping her wings running on her tippy toes Lol. It's sure gonna be weird to see her fly through the house. My cats are sure going to be entertained or scared Lol.

Yeah, I'm telling ya....everyday Floki does something that just cracks us up....something new everyday.

The only way I can clip her nails thou is if my husband holds her, I couldn't imagine trying to clip them by myself.....lol....cuz I kno it wouldn't happen.

I love that tip-toe running....it' like they get excited when they start to figure out what their wings are for. Definitely need a vid of that! And it's awesome that your cats don't bother her.
I'd like to see an updated pick of Quackers too.....I bet she's beautiful!

Another thing that I love is when Floki stands and sleeps on one leg.....One Foot Floki we call her then...lol.....it's something else that makes us laugh, don't kno why...but seeing her kick up her one leg, tuck in her bill to her wing and do her "sleep chatter" ((as we call it))...then just fall asleep.\

It's been said before...but I'm gonna say it again...

HAVING A HOUSE DUCK IS SO AWESOME!
wee.gif

I've had my scare of bumble foot:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/923326/bumblefoot-please-say-no-lol#post_14073394
Even though people said it was, I really don't think so. I was going to look into getting Quackers some booties too. I am curious though on how you would even get their feet into them lol. I was actually thinking of making some. It's just on one of those long "I'll get to it... eventually" lists Lol.
Oh, wow....thanks...lol...believe it or not....looking at that thread just made my husband and I feel a bit better.

Cuz I felt the same way....I didn't think it was, unless it was the beginning. And I would get confused cuz it seemed like it would come out of nowhere, even when we made sure she stayed on the grass or soft flooring, ya kno?

And the booties, yep....I thought the same thing...how in the heck do you get them on? But I think they just slip on, and the ones that I'm looking at are made of the same material that scuba suits are made of, so that will be nice for down at the river.

But yeah, the one bump she has now, is really worrying my husband....but like I said, it's good to kno that it's common for ducks to get them kind of easily.

There's another thread about colorless iodine that is supposed to be really good for them.

Lol she's just to adorable. Quackers doesn't do the one leg stand. But she does do the beak under the wing with one leg stretched out lol. I'll definitely try to get a video of her tip toeing through the house lol. She's weird though. Some days she's a camera hog, other days she's shy Lol. She use to tease my cats and run past them till they got up and chased her. Every time I tried capturing it she'd see me then stop Lol. I could never get it on video. Every once in a while the cats will try to get her to play by hopping along side of her. I've yet to get that on video either lol. One day I tell them, one day you won't be paying attention and I'll get my video Lol.

There's another thread about colorless iodine that is supposed to be really good for them.

Lol she's just to adorable. Quackers doesn't do the one leg stand. But she does do the beak under the wing with one leg stretched out lol. I'll definitely try to get a video of her tip toeing through the house lol. She's weird though. Some days she's a camera hog, other days she's shy Lol. She use to tease my cats and run past them till they got up and chased her. Every time I tried capturing it she'd see me then stop Lol. I could never get it on video. Every once in a while the cats will try to get her to play by hopping along side of her. I've yet to get that on video either lol. One day I tell them, one day you won't be paying attention and I'll get my video Lol.

She is just beautiful! Thank you!

And I will check that out.

Floki is the same.....all the animals are, it's weird, some days all they want is to show off and be to taped and have pics taken. It's all about timing I guess.

Oh, another thing that we're wondering if it's normal with ducks......listen to this video.

Hear that popping? It sounds like popcorn......or the microphone popping, but it's her stomach! It doesn't seem to bother her or anything, it's just really loud sometimes.
[VIDEO]

Wonder why her stomach does that. It doesn't happen with Quackers. When Meow (1 of our cats) was pregnant her belly made the same noise. Along with morning sickness Lol. Maybe she just has a loud gut and is digesting her food?
smiley-confused004.gif

Back
Top Bottom