Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

So many breeds carry that SDW pattern, its hard to tell without knowing where the chicks came from. Where did you get them?
I got them in Florida from a place called Rual King. They were suppose to be Guinea that is what I was told when they were real small. Wasnt looking to get chickens. I have enough of them already. They were however in the same bin that had bantam chickens but the guy who pulled them out assured me they were guinea....lol guess that is what I get for buying from a store instead of a breeder.

I am sure they are silver duckwings, and I'm sure of their genders. If you got them from a farm store bantam bin, with the white legs, I'm pretty sure they are silver duckwing old english game bantams.

I got them in Florida from a place called Rual King. They were suppose to be Guinea that is what I was told when they were real small. Wasnt looking to get chickens. I have enough of them already. They were however in the same bin that had bantam chickens but the guy who pulled them out assured me they were guinea....lol guess that is what I get for buying from a store instead of a breeder.
Never trust an employee of a farm store to know anything about fowl, lol. My brother was sold a bunch of cochins as silkies, and he didn't know the difference.

Thank you...you have been a great help!! At least one is a hen..lol oh boy

You are very welcome. I recently got rid of my SDW breeders, but I still have several chicks I'm raising. They are really pretty birds. I have a cockerel and a couple of pullets that are very sweet and come looking for me when I go out to the brooders.

Never considered bantams until I walked into tsc for my standard chicks and saw 2 lonely bantams! I had to take them ya know! Haha! 1 is a silkie and the other I believe to be a silver duckwing. She's the sweetest thing! Now I want a whole flock of them but they are scarce here.

Back
Top Bottom