Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

Pics
I am new to oegbs. My 6 week old rooster has started flying onto my arm. Is this a sign of future friendliness or a sign he won't be afraid to flog me in the future? Lol. Should I encourage or discourage this behavior to have a respectful relationship in the future?

CHello. I am also new to OEGB. Got my first ones this year by accident. They were mixed in. Im so glad because i just love these guys. I have 2 silver duckwing roos, chuckie and paulie, and a BB Red named spike.

I am new to oegbs. My 6 week old rooster has started flying onto my arm. Is this a sign of future friendliness or a sign he won't be afraid to flog me in the future? Lol. Should I encourage or discourage this behavior to have a respectful relationship in the future?
Every chicken is different but all the ones that I've had that fly up onto my arm, shoulder or back (when I'm bent over doing something) have always been the friendliest with no aggresion towards me at all. That being said, I had one rooster that was always "helping" whenever I was doing anything outside. Most of the time I enjoyed it but there were times when I was afraid he would get hurt because he was just always underfoot. (Also, my husband wasn't real impressed when he started flying up on him.) It's your call if you want to encourage it or not but I would rather they come roost on me than run away, but then I'm just one of those "crazy chicken ladies".

Does anyone want my pretty guy?
I have a breath-takingly beautiful, purebred Crele Old English game bantam that we can't keep anymore. We have a terrible ratio of 3 hens to 3 roosters and we can't have him. If you are willing to take him I would like to know that he would be going to a good home. If you are interested PLEASE let me know! We really can't keep him anymore! He is great to his hens and to people. He is a little protective but not badly. We love him to death and he is an AWESOME dude but we have too many roosters. PLEASE PM ME!!! He is amazingly beautiful and he is purebred. If you are located in the Kansas City area then we can make arrangements. I can't ship him.
PLEASE!!
If you need more details just let me know!!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/813266/beautiful-purebred-crele-oegb-rooster-needs-a-good-home

Last edited:

Every chicken is different but all the ones that I've had that fly up onto my arm, shoulder or back (when I'm bent over doing something) have always been the friendliest with no aggresion towards me at all. That being said, I had one rooster that was always "helping" whenever I was doing anything outside. Most of the time I enjoyed it but there were times when I was afraid he would get hurt because he was just always underfoot. (Also, my husband wasn't real impressed when he started flying up on him.) It's your call if you want to encourage it or not but I would rather they come roost on me than run away, but then I'm just one of those "crazy chicken ladies".

I also have a "helper" around my yard.
Thanks. I think it is so cute. I'm glad it probably isn't a sign of him being aggressive later cause I am falling in love with the cute little guy.

Chickenpeep, I sure wish I wasn't so far from you. He IS beautiful!

Hickchick, I always love those as my faves. If they perch on me and "help", they will have a special place, meaning, extra treats, and much more attention than the ones who shy from me. I have never had a "friendly" cockerel become an "attacking" roo. I don't believe that you're going to make him mean. I believe it is quite the opposite. THAT will be the roo that probably never flogs you. My lil Lemon Blue has always been a pet, and as he is now a breeding adult, he still wants me to pick him (and his 2 hens) up and let them all sit on my arm. Enjoy the fact that you have a friendly lil roo, and use him for your breeding roo, if he's pretty enough for you. I think the trait carries over, as LG's (my lil LB-OEGB) chick cockerels seem as gentle and "pettish" as their Daddy.

Chickenpeep, I sure wish I wasn't so far from you. He IS beautiful!
Thank you! I found him a great home and am taking him Monday.
smile.png

I found my anwser to my question :). I will not be showing any OEGB roosters. I will show cockerels, pullets, and hens. I just wouldnt be comfortable doing that to them.

Back
Top Bottom