Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

Hello OEG'ers! I am new to this thread and would very much like some help in identifying the rooster in the attached photograph below. He has a speckled brown hen that I believe is a match to him. They showed up as mystery chicks in a large batch of OEG Banties I brooded last July. So he is about seven months in the picture. I ordered from two hatcheries to get the types of birds I wanted: Ginger Red, Silver Duckwing & BBReds. This pair is, of course none of those. A very pretty bird… i would easily be tempted into getting a few more, if I knew what type of OEGB they are.

Thanks for looking and helping out if you can,

RJ

Hello OEG'ers! I am new to this thread and would very much like some help in identifying the rooster in the attached photograph below. He has a speckled brown hen that I believe is a match to him. They showed up as mystery chicks in a large batch of OEG Banties I brooded last July. So he is about seven months in the picture. I ordered from two hatcheries to get the types of birds I wanted: Ginger Red, Silver Duckwing & BBReds. This pair is, of course none of those. A very pretty bird… i would easily be tempted into getting a few more, if I knew what type of OEGB they are.

Thanks for looking and helping out if you can,

RJ
He looks like a Mille Fleur OEGB. Very pretty!

My word.. I haven't been here in a long while. No thanks to my laptop deciding it would breakdown. :p but ah well. Its back. I think i remember saying that mouse took grand champion bantam at our county fair. In November she went broody... So much so she was trying to hatch a lightbulb and a bottle of Polyvisol that we had in the coop. So we gave her some Easter Egger Eggs to hatch. I had bought one lone BB Red Pullet, soon bought a Cockerel and a Pullet, and wound up buying a 3rd Pullet. The cockerel passed away Early february. *Gah!* I just want to breed some OEGBs.. I will get through this, and start sometime. Mouse was such a good momma, all 5 easter egger eggs hatched. It was funny though seeing her try to fit all of them under her. Hardcore broody.

Me and Mouse as the judging was going on. She is only slightly larger than the two trophies we won together. I'm Hoping we can hit up some open regional shows this summer, see how she does in a bigger group of birds. Finally discovered Her true color is wheaten. Has too much black on the wings to be a black tailed buff.

Me With Mouse at the County Fair.

Mouse after her classes were over. (The other trophy was mine from Poultry Senior Showmanship. Great way to end my 4-H Career.. . Blues across the board in Pigs, Grand Champion Bantam with Mouse, Reserve Champion with a BlackTailedWhite Japanese, and Senior showmanship.)

One of the BB Reds, her name is Brinky.
This is Betsy. I do like the color of her legs, but she's a little bigger than the other two. Bought her at a swap. (I'm not really hardcore breeding yet, just something fun, to sell the babies to 4-H kids, but I want good quality birds, if that makes sense)

Betsy again.

Bitzy. The third Pullet.

Bitzy again.

Baggins is the rooster. I don't have many pictures of them, as most of the good pics i had were in November, and of course those are on my mom's laptop at home.

wow mouse is soo cute i cant wait to take my littlw Jill to show she loves the attention and where i live not many people do chickens they do Rabbits but I did Swine, Poultry, and 22' rifle

Here's Coco our Silver duckwing OEGB And Maya our Red Pile OEGB

You can see Coco's take charge attitude from the picture.

I breed blues. These are a few of them. I also have a lonely spangled hen. The only one to hatch from a dozen eggs shipped to me.

Back
Top Bottom