Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

I love my OEGB's, but there is just something special to me about the lemon blues... so of course I gotta have a hard time getting a good base, lol... this is one of my babies who thinks she is a call duck, lol...

Such a pretty chick. Love blue chicks. Have a hard time walking away from them when I see em.

Quote: Thank you!
smile.png
I know that lemon cuckoo is a variety of Orpingtons, but their plumage is only lemon colored.

I plan to. I have never dubbed an oegb myself, so for the first time, I think I need to find someone to do it for me.

Lemon blue cuckoo old english game bantams...now that's something to strive for. Can you imagine?
That sounds amazing! Makes me want to go get a Lemon blue trio right this instant!

Quote: I definitely will. Thanks for your interest.
smile.png

torn between OEGB and phoenix....thoughts? they are about 3 weeks old

If they are OEGB, they carry their tails really well already. Don't know that I've ever had an OEBG chick do that. Are the legs blue? Usually little duckwing game bantam chicks have white legs. With that salmon color on the breast, the one in the first close-up pic looks like a pullet. Where did you get them?

Last edited:
I thought all were pullets but one is getting waddles and a large comb already. The legs are a slate color..kinda off grey blue. Despite the fact i got them from TSC, i thibk hey carry themselves pretty well.

I thought all were pullets but one is getting waddles and a large comb already. The legs are a slate color..kinda off grey blue. Despite the fact i got them from TSC, i thibk hey carry themselves pretty well.

With the slate colored legs, they could be Dutch bantams as well. I know my local TSC gets chicks from Privett Hatchery. They have what days different breeds hatch, and if you know the day your chicks arrived, you can narrow it down. It's a lot of fun trying to figure out what you have.

Back
Top Bottom