Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

That's a beautiful chick. One day I would like to compile really good pictures of all the different varieties as a reference. It would really help out those buying assorted chicks. I know that even within the Lemon Blues, there's a tremendous amount of variety in color.

Tomorrow morning I will be taking my "odd" colored cockerel to our county fair. I'm really excited to see what the judge says about him.
smile.png

I know i have a brown red hen, but any ideas on what everyone else is??
Pics 1 and 2 are silver, maybe golden duckwing pullets. Pics 3 and 4 look like brown red pullets. Pics 5 and 6 are both cockerels, 5 is maybe a golden duckwing? 6 could be a lot of things, BBR, Ginger, maybe a brassy. Hard to tell.

Chick from a SDW x Blue SDW breeding. So far these chicks have been 100% sexable by eye stripe at hatching. I'm gonna say this is a pullet, although it's close. Usually, any kind of visable eye stripe plus a defined head pattern = pullet.

That's a beautiful chick. One day I would like to compile really good pictures of all the different varieties as a reference. It would really help out those buying assorted chicks. I know that even within the Lemon Blues, there's a tremendous amount of variety in color.

I have hatched between 60-80 blue quail this year and have had approximately 5 different variations in down color. I think that is probably gonna be pretty typical in any blue or dun based varieties raised

Back
Top Bottom