Show off your Peas!

Thanks DM!
I haven't posted pictures of Runty lately. He just turned 4 months old. He is living proof of my lack of peachick sexing skills, as I was previously completely convinced that he was a she.

@PeaLover130 ...any name ideas for this poor guy so he doesn't have to be "Runty" forever??

Last edited:
Yearling or a little older maybe. The hen is a Black Shoulder, not a Cameo Black Shoulder, the brown flights are normal for a BS hen.

Cameo BS have no dark feathering, tan is the darkest coloring they get. This is my CBS above, very "Buff" colored.

The 2 males are split to white or pied as per those little white wing feathers, the white on the chest is probably just a leftover from the juvenile plumage and will molt out soon.
Thanks Dylan's Mom, for the info. Female , Black Shoulder and the 2 males IB with a split to white or pied.

I will take a look at her crest feathers more tomorrow..

Thanks DM!
I haven't posted pictures of Runty lately. He just turned 4 months old. He is living proof of my lack of peachick sexing skills, as I was previously completely convinced that he was a she.

@PeaLover130 ...any name ideas for this poor guy so he doesn't have to be "Runty" forever??
Just go ahead and call him Runty forever. :)

Thanks DM!

I showed the photo to PeaLover130 and she says she has some ideas. She asked if you are able to post a picture of "the whole bird?"
gig.gif
Thanks!

Just go ahead and call him Runty forever. :)
Ha! Well, I have to confess it might be too late to change his name now...it is sticking to him after all these months.
But maybe he could have two names... you know, "Runty Magoo," or something. So I could call him one or the other.
What do you think, @PeaLover130 ? Can we do two names?

I showed the photo to PeaLover130 and she says she has some ideas. She asked if you are able to post a picture of "the whole bird?"
gig.gif
Thanks!
Hmm...Not sure this is "whole enough," and it's a bit out of focus (in, I'd like to think, an arty way
gig.gif
):

Here's one that shows more of his zippy color:

Let the names fly @PeaLover130 !

Ha! Well, I have to confess it might be too late to change his name now...it is sticking to him after all these months.
But maybe he could have two names... you know, "Runty Magoo," or something. So I could call him one or the other.
What do you think, @PeaLover130 ? Can we do two names?

Hmm...Not sure this is "whole enough," and it's a bit out of focus (in, I'd like to think, an arty way
gig.gif
):

Here's one that shows more of his zippy color:

Let the names fly @PeaLover130 !
Thanks for the pictures! I have a few ideas. Let me know what you think! (1) Speckleclaw (2) Bluecrest (3) Redpatch (4) Riverstripe (5) Bluestripe (6) Bluefeather (7) Bluejay (8) Jayfeather (9) Kree (10) Alexander (11) Seerie (12) Gleam (13) Brownneck (14) Ares (15) Hermes (16) Ptah (17) Horus (18) Osiris (19) Shu (20) Set (21) Ra (22) Imhotep (23) Sobek (24) Geb (25) Aiden (26) Neerio (27) Carter (28) Maddock (29) William (30) Tapir (31) Erid (32) Lillter (33) Kaianio (34) River. Hope you like them! Personally, I like #1, #9, #12, and #31 the most. @Garden Peas , a.k.a, my mom, says she likes #9. She says she would say Kree, not #9. But I hope these give you some ideas!

Wow! I'm overwhelmed! Thanks @PeaLover130 !

That's funny, as I was reading the names I liked Kree, too.
But I think Neerio has a really nice ring to it.
Do you think it works OK if it's put together with Runty?
"Mr. Runty Neerio." Sounds pretty classy, dontcha think?

Back
Top Bottom