Show off your Peas!

I'm so excited for this Spring to come! I found a place in Idaho that is a peafowl hatchery! They have been a hatchery for 35 years though I was never able to find a website just an ad on Craigslist finally. She listed a lot of peafowl and she said she even has more than the ones she listed. Also her prices are reasonable or at least the ones she told me! Once I get more pens built then I'm getting more peachicks.
wee.gif

My one peahen Thora, she loves popcorn she will eat from your hand but you can't even feel her hit your hand. She's really gentle. At fairs I let kids feed her and they love it so much. Funny part is when they look at mom or dad and say, "Can we get a peacock?" Most of the time the parents say no.

hey everyone got the boards today for the bases of the next three coops so that is what I shall be working on over the weekend...hope everyone had a great christmas

Patch & Mikey checking out some of our pen-building materials.

We let them all out again...last night was their first night all out & they did great!

Question: Patch, Mikey & the blue hen we call B@#!h (sorry, but she acts like one) all run together, leaving the other (not yet named) blue hen to herself. We checked to make sure she was ok, & she seems to be. Maybe younger, or maybe just not outgoing?

Any ideas or info folks?? Thanks in advance. :)

The birds will divide up sometimes according to hatch dates say i have 30 hatch and a month later i have 20 when they get older they remain in this age group and will do so threw out their life here, they do still come together as one flock at times but they have their own clans and i would guess that she was from another clan
wink.png

So glad they are doing well for you, be careful they can travel a mile before you know they are gone
wink.png

Thank you for sharing your prettys , i think about Patch every single day so glad he is happy there.

Last edited:
The birds will divide up sometimes according to hatch dates say i have 30 hatch and a month later i have 20 when they get older they remain in this age group and will do so threw out their life here, they do still come together as one flock at times but they have their own clans and i would guess that  she was from another clan ;)  

So glad they are doing well for you, be careful they can travel a mile before you know they are gone ;)  

Thank you for sharing your prettys , i think about Patch every single day so glad he is happy there.

Thanks for the info. Joe thought it was probably something like that. I hate she ends up alone but she stays by my layers' pens & their pen stays open IF she wants to go in. We have 2 lots, a little over an acre & a half each, for a total of about 3.25 acres, but divided by fence with an open gap (not that fence means anything to them lol). So far, Patch & the other 2 girls are staying within the boundaries of the half that we live on & have all our animals on. I admittedly cringe when they hang out too close to the perimeter fence, especially along the road, but they seem to be enjoying it, going all around the place. We're enjoying watching them. Thanks again for the information. Here's one from the other day.

I got an amazing camera from Santa for Christmas! Now I just have to figure out how to hook it up to the computer to post photos. And wait for it to stop snowing to get some pictures of the peas....they're staying in their coop where it's a bit nicer. :)

Back
Top Bottom