Show off your Red sex-links!! [[pictures included]] !! (:

Pics
Haha fishnet, your avatar always reminds me of a dinosaur!
lol.png

Same with me, I just pulled very, very gently and it came out neatly. She took it very well and only gave out a little squeak. They always know when you're trying to help them!
love.gif

Been MIA for a little while since I got the new girls - they seemed to have settled in nicely. Had to add them with my 6 other BR girls a week earlier than planned as that was when hubby had time off work and would be there to help me wrangle them into the coop at night etc.

After a few expected squabbles (nothing serious as they had their beaks trimmed when they were young - no I didn't do it) they all seem to be getting on well, they will now dust bath with each other, even share the feeder!

Went out tonight to make sure they were all in the coop - most weren't due to the warmer weather I guess for some reason I checked the coop - normally I don't as I didn't expect them to start laying after 3 weeks of quarantine and then 7 days in with the other girls ..... glad I checked though as there were 2 small little eggs just sitting in there!!
celebrate.gif
My first ever eggs!!!!

Betty and Boop (Front L-R) and 4 of the 6 BR girls out for their first free range the other day

Been MIA for a little while since I got the new girls - they seemed to have settled in nicely. Had to add them with my 6 other BR girls a week earlier than planned as that was when hubby had time off work and would be there to help me wrangle them into the coop at night etc.

After a few expected squabbles (nothing serious as they had their beaks trimmed when they were young - no I didn't do it) they all seem to be getting on well, they will now dust bath with each other, even share the feeder!

Went out tonight to make sure they were all in the coop - most weren't due to the warmer weather I guess for some reason I checked the coop - normally I don't as I didn't expect them to start laying after 3 weeks of quarantine and then 7 days in with the other girls ..... glad I checked though as there were 2 small little eggs just sitting in there!!
celebrate.gif
My first ever eggs!!!!

Betty and Boop (Front L-R) and 4 of the 6 BR girls out for their first free range the other day
Welcome back! Great to hear that they're getting along!

Back
Top Bottom