Show off your Red sex-links!! [[pictures included]] !! (:

Pics
Our chickens are 17 weeks and we found our first egg under the rabbit hutch, How do we get them to lay in the coop?!

the size difference from our red star egg and store bought

No, we dont even have nest boxes yet! wasn't expecting them to lay until end of the month haha. But we are bulding them tonight so I'll have to go buy some gulf balls :) Thank you!

Kada- Those sussex are beautiful. I almost got six this year at the farm store but got RSL instead. I wanted lots of eggs. I'm sure I will have some sooner or later.

cmom- Do you leave the golf balls in there or take them out after they start laying in the boxes? I have a golf ball in each box right now as my girls are a little over 16 weeks old.

Last edited:
Well that solves it....once you get the nest boxes theyll lay in there...yuou can leave the gold balls in there...not a big deal...I never needed any they just knew....once the first lays in there they all get the drift....I have 4 nest boxes for 25 chickens...and theyh only use 2 of them lol....

I layed the golf balls where Iwant them to lay until we get them built :) I was very excited to see the egg!! I went out wih a shovel thinking it was mushroom! didnt want my dogs eating it LOL so it was a great surprise!

I just leave the golf balls in the nest boxes. I don't know how they do it but I have found the golf balls moved from one nest box to another especially when someone goes broody like the broody is collecting eggs only it is golf balls.

I just leave the golf balls in the nest boxes. I don't know how they do it but I have found the golf balls moved from one nest box to another especially when someone goes broody like the broody is collecting eggs only it is golf balls.

That's too funny. I bet they're ****** when they never hatch.

Not the best pic but here is a pic from today of my two RSL girls (and 2 BRs), celebrated their 15wk birthday today
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom