Show off your Red sex-links!! [[pictures included]] !! (:

I love the picture with the chicken roosting on a stick! She reminds me of a mean old librarian!
old.gif

Quote:

Last edited:
My rooster goes crazy for Twinkies! It's so funny because he gets all of the cream on his beak!
lol.png
My DH does that (
lau.gif
) but never tried twinkies with the ladies..!!....they also are crazy for the cherry tomatoes! I had a plant volunteer itself at the end of the coop,,,,,,,hmmmm.....wonder where that came from???? I cut one into 4 pieces and I have to keep it out of their reach so they won't his the knife !! LOLOL
ya.gif

My roosters love sweet tea. It has to be iced and it has to be in a glass. My main rooster, Dobby (white leghorn/buff Orpington) will do bout anything for a sip. I always put out a big bowl of it for the whole flock on hot days, but the boys want it in a glass with ice. I shake that glass and they come running.

I never would have thought that chickens like sweet tea!
lol.png
I think it is the funniest thing when I have my chickens roaming the yard, and they get hungry, they won't leave you alone! It's like follow the leader!
The way that my chickens get all of their goodies is all thanks to my elderly neighbor. He used to have chickens when he was a kid and his family never bought food for their chickens! Instead, John's father would go behind the grocery store to the dumpsters and grab whatever food he could find. Now, John does the same thing for my chickens, however I still feed mine laying pellets. Two of my chickens favorite snacks are watermelon or cantaloupe. Actually, they attack any kind of melon!

I never would have thought that chickens like sweet tea!
lol.png
I think it is the funniest thing when I have my chickens roaming the yard, and they get hungry, they won't leave you alone! It's like follow the leader!
The way that my chickens get all of their goodies is all thanks to my elderly neighbor. He used to have chickens when he was a kid and his family never bought food for their chickens! Instead, John's father would go behind the grocery store to the dumpsters and grab whatever food he could find. Now, John does the same thing for my chickens, however I still feed mine laying pellets. Two of my chickens favorite snacks are watermelon or cantaloupe. Actually, they attack any kind of melon!
lau.gif
old.gif
You can always learn a lot from people older than we are...especially those who lived thru the hard times!!

Here's bratty Peep. She likes chasing any new chickens, mainly her daughter Copper.

And here's here daughter Copper. Only survivor when there was a accident with the incubator. So she has no hatch mates. She follows me round like I am her mom and likes to sit on you all the time! :lau

Back
Top Bottom