Show off your roosters

Here's my new battery cross Wyandotte roo

Ok, this is Rocky - and he is a Roo in the making. Everyone has such beautiful Roosters, but I think Rocky will be quite handsome one day. He is a Barnevelder/Plymouth Rock mix which my broody hatched from eggs we got from a friend. He is almost 12 weeks old now but I guessed he was a Roo at one week of age - just seemed to have the attitude and could really strike a pose even as a baby. Surprising, but Mama still stays with her 3 hatchlings so I'm hoping she teaches him to have good manners.

Thank you, they are very good to their hens, Sparta particularly who protects his hens from most things, and if one of my hens screams (if another rooster attacks her or I pick her up to check her over) he comes straight over and assess his choice, if it's me he will pace about me and if I don't put her down and I just walk off with the hen he chases me and goes for my feet until I put her down and If it's another roo he chases it of until it's gone very far off, sometimes through hedges into my fields. He is so gentle with them and they all suck up to him but run from my frizzle and silkie Roos

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom