Show off your roosters

My beautiful boy but I'm un sure on his breed

Why do look to replace him at 3?
Hens usually lay about 3 years, but a rooster will generally live and procreate for even up to 10 or more???? I have a rooster that is 11 and is still going strong... hatch about 150 or more eggs per year from him for meat and more hens as it is.... is he okay??

Hens usually lay about 3 years, but a rooster will generally live and procreate for even up to 10 or more???? I have a rooster that is 11 and is still going strong... hatch about 150 or more eggs per year from him for meat and more hens as it is.... is he okay??
Around 3 some roosters will have fertility problems. Some do some don't, all depends on the rooster

Thanks. Unfortionitly he will be turning 3 years old this summer and i will be looking for a new rooster to replace him.

Oh. Hopefully there is nothing wrong with him? He really is beautiful.

edited to add: I didn't read what you said about fertility before I posted. Glad to know there is nothing wrong with him and he will still be a part of your flock.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Mine are totally free ranged every/all day. BUT, I do keep 2 Roosters at least that are not. Each year, just in case. Since no one is predator free... and I have had some problems. CANNOT do without my boys!!!

Back
Top Bottom