Show off your roosters

. N
What a beautiful rooster.  I have a Speckled Sussex hen, whom I just adore.  I wonder if the rooster is as sweet in personality as the hens are?

Pox was my favorite until 8 months. He would sit on my lap for wing trims, eat of our our hands. Then 8 months he started charging us. He is 18 months. Turns our treats are the key to his heart ;) I wouldn't trust him around children. But he's good to his hens no longer attacks is. Don't every rooster is like th, just our experience

Last edited:
. N
Pox was my favorite until 8 months. He would sit on my lap for wing trims, eat of our our hands. Then 8 months he started charging us. He is 18 months. Turns our treats are the key to his heart
wink.png
I wouldn't trust him around children. But he's good to his hens no longer attacks is. Don't every rooster is like th, just our experience

That's what I'm worried about with my Silkie rooster. He's still very young now, maybe only about 6 months old.

My black silkie rooster was the sweetest thing never attacked me he was a year and a half when I rehomed him due to crowing. I also had a brahma rooster who was really nice until he turned a year old. Then he turned evil. I had to carry a stick when ever i went in the yard.

Back
Top Bottom