Show off your roosters

I can't possibly keep more than one, but I really would like to keep one. We'll see how things go. Multiple neighbors already have roos, so it's not like mine would be newly intrusive.

these are my roosters with a hen i love my roosters both bantam. Anyone else heard of two roosters being together and getting along?

I can't possibly keep more than one, but I really would like to keep one. We'll see how things go. Multiple neighbors already have roos, so it's not like mine would be newly intrusive.

One is enough! Lol!

We have two right now and have had more in the past. Hope to have more in the future, but it's easy to unbalance the flock with too many roos. :)

these are my roosters with a hen i love my roosters both bantam. Anyone else heard of two roosters being together and getting along?

As long as everyone knows their place, it's great!

We had three at once a while back and two of them were trying to figure out who was top dog while the third one just sat back and watched the drama.

I've heard that it's possible to have peace with more than one roo, especially if you have room to let them get away from each other when they want or need to.

I've heard that it's possible to have peace with more than one roo, especially if you have room to let them get away from each other when they want or need to.

Room is key. My friends with acreage can, but I have a small urban yard. So one roo is my absolute max, and I have to ready to rehome him to friends at any moment.

Last edited:
Quote:
I have plenty of room and each rooster has it's territory. They roam around. The LF rooster will take his hens all over. The low blue silkie cockerel can wander around outside his pen and be safe. Everyone has to get out of the partridge silkie's way. He's top rooster and sometimes will go out of his way to make sure everyone else remembers it. I can't let the teenage LF out as they harass the hens to much. The only one they are truely terrified of is the top rooster.

The young silkie cockerels in same pen with the top boy are starting to mimic their father on watching the flock. I haven't had any issues with my roosters and any sons that they have raised living together.

I have plenty of room and each rooster has it's territory. They roam around. The LF rooster will take his hens all over. The low blue silkie cockerel can wander around outside his pen and be safe. Everyone has to get out of the partridge silkie's way. He's top rooster and sometimes will go out of his way to make sure everyone else remembers it. I can't let the teenage LF out as they harass the hens to much. The only one they are truely terrified of is the top rooster.

The young silkie cockerels in same pen with the top boy are starting to mimic their father on watching the flock. I haven't had any issues with my roosters and any sons that they have raised living together.

Sounds like you have a great setup! It gives me hope, because we want to eventually let the flocks intermingle on our acreage. :)

these are my roosters with a hen i love my roosters both bantam. Anyone else heard of two roosters being together and getting along
The number of roos that can sustain a pecking order depends on a couple of different things. The breed, age, and especially how many hens you have. Personally I would not have more than 1 roo for less than 8 to 10 hens. Young roos, especially when more than one, can over-mate the hens and result in your girls walking around with bare backs (this can happen with even one roo if he doesn't have enough hens). It can help when roos are raised together.

Back
Top Bottom