Show off your roosters

My boy Norman
2764.png
2764.png
2764.png
He's getting so popular! I've actually had to make a list of people who want chicks from him once I get a female for him. I just hope his babies get his sweet personality
2764.png
2764.png
2764.png
I'd love to give you a dark pullet for him... but I'm more like 8-10 hours away (same state)...

Last edited:
Those are gorgeous! A game pullet might pair really nicely with Norman but I don't know how I'd be able to get it. I do sometimes get down to SoCal, though not so often any more as the family I had down there is no longer with us.

@QueenMisha I know I've seen tons of pics of Norman, he's gorgeous!! But how big is he? I don't really remember any specific pics showing perspective of his size.

I have a couple of beautiful solid black serama pullets that I bet he would breed beautifully with! Of course, we are wayyyy too far apart
lol.png

And since this is a rooster thread, here are my 2 serama cockerels

@QueenMisha I know I've seen tons of pics of Norman, he's gorgeous!! But how big is he? I don't really remember any specific pics showing perspective of his size. I have a couple of beautiful solid black serama pullets that I bet he would breed beautifully with! Of course, we are wayyyy too far apart :lol: And since this is a rooster thread, here are my 2 serama cockerels
What cuties!! I thought about Seramas (I have easy access to them since my boss breeds them) but I think they're a bit too small for him. Right now I'm looking at a Bantam Sumatra, a gamefowl, or possibly, his sister. It was in fact my best friend who I sold his sisters to when they were young (something I regret now!!) and I'm in negotiations to buy/borrow one of them back. I really like the idea of his sister since she looks almost identical to him except without a beard and with a nice little triangle of feathers on her feet. I got Norman and his siblings through some pretty crazy circumstances (involving chicken thievery and an anonymous good-doer) so I'm not 100% on his ancestry, but through some genetics knowledge and having seen his mother it's a pretty good guess he's 1/2 Phoenix, 1/4 Silkie, 1/8 Sumatra and 1/8 gamefowl (or gamefowl-similar). Since they're total mutts the inbreeding doesn't really concern me, plus I'd like to produce offspring as close to him as possible. Anyways; as far as size goes, he's only 44 ounces (large bantam) but has very pronounced feathering so looks more like a small standard; about Hamburg sized. Here he is with my bosses Class B Serama hen, Kate, for scale:

Last edited:
Too bad your not near me I'd let you borrow my little pullet once she starts laying.

What cuties!!

I thought about Seramas (I have easy access to them since my boss breeds them) but I think they're a bit too small for him. Right now I'm looking at a Bantam Sumatra, a gamefowl, or possibly, his sister. It was in fact my best friend who I sold his sisters to when they were young (something I regret now!!) and I'm in negotiations to buy/borrow one of them back. I really like the idea of his sister since she looks almost identical to him except without a beard and with a nice little triangle of feathers on her feet. I got Norman and his siblings through some pretty crazy circumstances (involving chicken thievery and an anonymous good-doer) so I'm not 100% on his ancestry, but through some genetics knowledge and having seen his mother it's a pretty good guess he's 1/2 Phoenix, 1/4 Silkie, 1/8 Sumatra and 1/8 gamefowl (or gamefowl-similar). Since they're total mutts the inbreeding doesn't really concern me, plus I'd like to produce offspring as close to him as possible.

Anyways; as far as size goes, he's only 44 ounces (large bantam) but has very pronounced feathering so looks more like a small standard; about Hamburg sized.

Here he is with my bosses Class B Serama hen, Kate, for scale:

Those are gorgeous! A game pullet might pair really nicely with Norman but I don't know how I'd be able to get it. I do sometimes get down to SoCal, though not so often any more as the family I had down there is no longer with us.
Anytime you want to set that up let me know.. I dont remember specifically but I thought you had some oriental games... maybe a straight pullet trade? PM if interested

I have family in central cali. maybe a half way meet up.

Anytime you want to set that up let me know.. I dont remember specifically but I thought you had some oriental games... maybe a straight pullet trade? PM if interested

I have family in central cali. maybe a half way meet up. 

Perhaps. I don't have any oriental pullets (besides my breeders) at the moment (darn incubator has been crapping out on me) but I'm planning on hatching out some Ga Noi, Ga Noi/Shamo, and Ga Noi/American game chicks either late this year or early next year (probably next year since those hens are lazy layers). I like the idea of a trade. Actually come to think of it I've been seeking a Dom pullet and a Spangled pullet (any strain) to add color to my game pen, you raise either of those?

Back
Top Bottom