Show off your small or cheap made coop

Ho do your hens like the milk crates? i have some too and was going to use them but wasnt sure if the hens would feel safe enough to lay eggs in them.
Dont know just thought they might need wood sides on the nests as most have them.I would be happy if this does work!!.

man some great ideas here! will be using a few! my chickens are gonna love having a coop. man they are getting to be really great pets, some will be food and some will provide food(eggs)

I hope the ones that jump up to see me when i come in are hens. they are my favorite so far. the young ones still need some time i think. its like the thunderdome in there when i refill the feeder. might be time to get a larger feeder.

feed from the outside with pvc feeders. raise your coop so the birds can go underneath to beat the heat and have their food and water under the coop. and you can fill from the outside. Do a search for pvc waterer and feeder here on byc and you will find lots.

feed from the outside with pvc feeders. raise your coop so the birds can go underneath to beat the heat and have their food and water under the coop. and you can fill from the outside. Do a search for pvc waterer and feeder here on byc and you will find lots.

great idea! im still not good at using this website!

what is this heat you speak of tho?

Well here it is...its almost done...it just needs a coat of paint and a few small adjustments.

The metal and plywood was used and the legs are made out of old landscaping timbers I took up.

Well here's mine - all reused or recycled materials

All the plywood is reused, the tin for the roof was given to me, only thing new I bought was hinges and locks, and 8 2x4's, which I got on sale. I plan to paint it when it warms up more.

My coop is made from an old tree house, we used almost all material we had around our only cost was for the shingles ($16), linoleum ($10) fencing ($40) and paint ($20)... under $100!!

More pictures on my coop page! I like the creative coops in this thread!

I love this! Such useful stuff on here. I am not quite finished with mine yet but will post a photo anyway. That'a a satellite dish for the roof, planning on using some tin from the old coop to cover half for the roost area. .

I called the local grocery store and asked about the buckets the icing in the bakery is shipped in. They give me as many as I want. They are nice and square, you can build a simple frame to keep them stable. Plus, they hose out so cleaning is a breeze.

Back
Top Bottom