Show off your small or cheap made coop

Nice work..making use of under the deck was a very nice idea!

I also love the kids play barn...my DH was just saying the other day the our kids play house would make a great chicken house
yippiechickie.gif
The kids might get mad though since they are only 2 an 6 ...
idunno.gif

I think it may have been here that I first got the idea. Then I started to google images of the playhouse chicken coop. After that it was simply a matter of finding one locally someone was getting rid of. So far, there has been nothing difficult about the project. Easy, cheap, easy, cheap... all the way.
Nice work..making use of under the deck was a very nice idea!

I also love the kids play barn...my DH was just saying the other day the our kids play house would make a great chicken house
yippiechickie.gif
The kids might get mad though since they are only 2 an 6 ...
idunno.gif

Just picked the wood for my coop today have about a month to put it together. We just let everyone we know to keep an eye out for those big orange Dumpster Depot dumpsters in peoples yards. Found 4 in the surrounding area, and since people pay by the pound to get rid of there "trash" EVERYONE was happy to let me pick through and find good pieces of lumber. Even found 3 10ft. pieces of metal roofing in perfect shape, and a 3 step stringer with steps all pt lol. I'll post picks of the finished product. Going to be 8x10 when all is said and done.

this thread is awesome! lots of great coops!

I picked this up from another BYC'er (Cant remember her screen name) on Sunday, have already taken all the chicken wire off and hoping to put the hardware cloth on today...these are the pics she sent me to show me what it looks like. Ill post updated pics when I finish. I added a nesting box to the side last night (all from pallets), to give the ladies a little more room and so it will be more easy to get to the eggs. If all goes well, Ill be picking up my 3 hens from her on Sunday! Took screws and nest from another coop I was building...so have about $150 or so into it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom