SHOW PICS PG 4.... WAS MIDNIGHT!

Well we did it. My first show is on the books! Here's how I placed....

Best of Variety - Blue Silkie Cockeral
Best of Variety - Buff Showgirl Pullet
Reserve of Variety - Buff Silkie Pullet
Reserve of Variety - Black Silkie Hen
First Place - White Silkie Hen

IT WAS AWESOME! I had sooooo much fun, and met a lot of GREAT folks! Even if you dont raise exhibition poultry, I encourage you to enter a bird in a show or county fair just for the people! Its better than paying for a night out! They are great and so helpful and informative.

I learned A LOT today! Including how to Artificially Inseminate chickens! Isn't that cool?!?

Ok, now I am going to take some advil and rest up. I've been on my feet in a pair of cowboy boots all day long...

***note to self, wear comfortable boots next show!

So now I have to prepare for the State Fair coming up on Oct. 10th, and also start preparations for a show on Oct 25th in Abilene, and then after that we have one in November and another in December.... PHEW! These birds are a workout!!

Congrats, glad to hear you had fun. Will watch for your post on the 9th that you are up and can't sleep LOL. I will also try to remind you not to wear cowboy boots.

congrats!!
big_smile.png

Congratulations!
thumbsup.gif
Im going to a show tomorrow. But I didnt enter any birds. I could not find anybody to do a pullorum test. They told me they only do it once a year in July. Oh well. I'll enter next year. Im so excited to see all the birds. Hopefully I will be able to purchase some silkies.

Can't wait to see the pictures!!!
ya.gif

OK... so, edumacate me... what does "reserve" refer to? I see that all the time at shows, but never knew what it meant.

smile.png
Congratulations... you did REALLY well for your first time out!

Back
Top Bottom