Show Potential Trio of Butterscotch Calls

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Funky Feathers, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Any interest in these? They are listed now on Ovabid.com, will then list them on Featherauction.com, just surprised about no bids. Have Butterscotch Calls gone out of style? Anyone??

2. duckluck

duckluck Dulcimyrh Ducks

Oct 22, 2009
    Illinois
    I doubt they have gone out of style...I have sold quite a few so far this year, and still have some 2010 males to sell. I have heard that people are not buying now because it is too hot to ship. I expect things will pick up again as soon as the heat has passed.

3. Funky Feathers

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    But I'm doing a PreSale, I need the money now. Do ya think that's a waste of time? [​IMG]

4. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    are you asking if your calls aren't SQ or if Butterscotch has gone out of style? I'd post pics. I've read that butterscotch is hard to breed. and is still not up to the quality some of the other varieties are at

5. Funky Feathers

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Just asking if Butterscotch is still popular...I'm seeing a lack of enthusiasm. [​IMG] Should I switch to another color?

6. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    they are still pretty popular, just people are not buying in this heat.........you might catch someone withing driving distance or you could hit a show. I know our first fall show is in Sept.

7. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    I like Butterscotch I am tossing around getting some

8. briarpatchfarms

briarpatchfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Grayson, Ky
    Acually Butterscotch is third on the hot list at shows( taken from national meet and most other shows as well) as of now and still growing!!! Like Mrs. Turbo said the heat is backing everyone off give them time about September we should have some cool spells to allow shipping!!!!

9. Funky Feathers

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    I know but I can't get anyone interested in a PreSale? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by