Show Quality Birds?

Roslyn

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 14, 2011
Cle Elum, WA
I'm looking for a roo to show for either 4H or any other poultry shows that may come to town, and I figured that most people may not be reliable (I'm a newbie, so I'm not particularly savvy with knowing what makes a rooster "Show quality") and I don't think they'd tell me if he wasn't. So I was wondering if anyone knows any truly reliable performance breeders who live/breed in Washington state or ship if they don't.
I'm interested in Orpingtons, Ameraucana, Welsummers, Wyandotte, Marans, Cochins, Brahma and am basically open to any handsome roosters that might do well in a show.

Hey
frow.gif
I have put together a couple threads you might want to take a look at
big_smile.png
I am sure they are all top quality breeders.
smile.png

herea link to the Marans breeder thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=613416
and
another for the Wyandotte: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=613065

Hope
you can find what it is your looking for
big_smile.png

God bless,
Tyler.

Last edited:
I would like to purchase some chickens around May. I am leaning towards Wyandottes and Orpingtons. I am having a VERY hard time locating anyone to provide birds. I like how Paul's Poultry's Wyandottes look....BEAUTIFUL birds. However I can't get ANYONE to return my emails to let me know if they sex the chicks, or how to order. Does anyone have any advice on breeders, I do not want hatchery birds.

Last edited:
I live in SE WA (Tri-Cities) and have some nice silver laced wyandotte cockerels available. Already been shown in open APA class. If you come down this way I can help you out.

I would like to purchase some chickens around May. I am leaning towards Wyandottes and Orpingtons. I am having a VERY hard time locating anyone to provide birds. I like how Paul's Poultry's Wyandottes look....BEAUTIFUL birds. However I can't get ANYONE to return my emails to let me know if they sex the chicks, or how to order. Does anyone have any advice on breeders, I do not want hatchery birds.

Check with Korfus Kluckers, she's in WA and has Exhibition orpingtons in both LF and bantams.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom