Show Quality Birds?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Roslyn, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Roslyn

Roslyn Out Of The Brooder

May 14, 2011
    Cle Elum, WA
    I'm looking for a roo to show for either 4H or any other poultry shows that may come to town, and I figured that most people may not be reliable (I'm a newbie, so I'm not particularly savvy with knowing what makes a rooster "Show quality") and I don't think they'd tell me if he wasn't. So I was wondering if anyone knows any truly reliable performance breeders who live/breed in Washington state or ship if they don't.
    I'm interested in Orpingtons, Ameraucana, Welsummers, Wyandotte, Marans, Cochins, Brahma and am basically open to any handsome roosters that might do well in a show.

2. Moonlight Piano

Moonlight Piano Chillin' With My Peeps

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  3. Roslyn

Roslyn Out Of The Brooder

May 14, 2011
    Cle Elum, WA
    Quote:Oh my! Thank you sooo much! I just messaged one of the people you listed. [​IMG]

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    We do have some excellent breeders in the WA, OR and CA areas. Go check out the Welsummer thread!

5. gg706

gg706 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    I would like to purchase some chickens around May. I am leaning towards Wyandottes and Orpingtons. I am having a VERY hard time locating anyone to provide birds. I like how Paul's Poultry's Wyandottes look....BEAUTIFUL birds. However I can't get ANYONE to return my emails to let me know if they sex the chicks, or how to order. Does anyone have any advice on breeders, I do not want hatchery birds.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  6. ultasol

ultasol Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    SE Washington
    I live in SE WA (Tri-Cities) and have some nice silver laced wyandotte cockerels available. Already been shown in open APA class. If you come down this way I can help you out.

7. gingernutranger

gingernutranger Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2007
  8. HenThymes

HenThymes pippin ain't easy

Feb 27, 2010
    Foothills of NC
    Check with Korfus Kluckers, she's in WA and has Exhibition orpingtons in both LF and bantams. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by