Show quality eggs!! lol

I am not interested in show quality eggs. Im not even sure what that means. Unless it is from chickens that have actually shown and been successful in shows, otherwise they arent from show quality birds. However, Im not interested in show quality eggs. I AM interested, however, in birds that conform to the Standard of Perfection. I want typy birds. I have several barred rocks, and will be breeding them. I will pick the typiest birds to breed from, birds that conform to the standard. I also want birds that lay eggs like theres no tomorrow. To me, no matter what breed youre interested in, laying eggs is of utmost importance. I will be breeding the typiest birds I possibly can. And they will be good egg layers. They will never ever see a show, but you will know what breed they are.

The issue with the term "Show Quality" eggs, is that by stating that, whatever hatches from those eggs are going to be "show quality". Now, you can sell eggs from "Show Quality STOCK or BLOOD" but you cannot guarantee your buyer that they will hatch out an exhibition bird.

Therefore, by saying "You are buying show quality eggs." and then the person hatches out chicks that don't make it in the shows, didn't you falsely advertise?

We do the same thing with dogs. I have German Shepherds, I had one that was working blood. Notice I said working "blood". Just because he has working "blood(lines)" does not make him a "working dog". He must be trained and proven to become a "working dog" and not just "working blood". If I sold him as a "working dog" and he was never trained or used for actual work, I falsely advertised. There is a small difference in wording, but that's what the Show Quality Eggs thread was all about. Using the correct wording and terminology when advertising, that's all.

-Kim

Quote:
I agree there's no show quality eggs, but there are actually egg shows connected with the Marans breed and their shows. But that's a whole different thing.....they're not judged by the potential chick they may hatch, but by their shell color/darkness.

Quote:
I agree there's no show quality eggs, but there are actually egg shows connected with the Marans breed and their shows. But that's a whole different thing.....they're not judged by the potential chick they may hatch, but by their shell color/darkness.

How about that...
Live and learn.
idunno.gif

You can sell birds/eggs saying SQ potential. Usually it takes a great amount of chicks hatched to get one SQ bird that will win. A good question to ask the breeder is how big the class was and how many exhibitors. How long they have been working with the line and how consistent there flock is in reproducing good birds.

Back
Top Bottom