SHow question, messed up feathers

RedReiner

Songster
9 Years
Nov 7, 2010
Monroe, Wa
I wondered if any of you that show might be able to answer a question for me
smile.png
I have a pretty blue hen and I would like to show her in about two weeks. Her tail feathers got messed up by the rooster though and are kind of scraggly looking. is it possible to wash her up and try to fix them? How fast will the judge overlook her for having a couple bent feathers? I have never shown a chicken and would like to take her to the local show for fun, but not if she does not look her best. any advice??

Fluffy butt on the left
71344_bluefluff1.jpg

Not very good shot in this one but you can still see they are kind of frayed and stick up willy nilly now.
71344_1blueone2.jpg

I am going to show her also. its a local show and I thought it would be fun to toss them in. They are not perfect but one has to get their feet wet at some point. sooo.. I wanted to fix her feathers cause overall she is the nicer of the two.

You can give her a bath few days before the show and see what happens. Come and meet me, I'll be there and so will the current secretary of the UOC.
frow.gif

If there are any broken feathers, you are better off to snip them off. You need to give a bath at least a couple of days before the show. They need time to get their natural oils back in to look their best. You can always use a blow dryer the day of the show to fluff her up again. Also, we have used a little baby oil on their combs, wattles and legs to make look fresh. Also, remove the roo.
thumbsup.gif

pips&peeps :

You can give her a bath few days before the show and see what happens. Come and meet me, I'll be there and so will the current secretary of the UOC.
frow.gif

I will definitely come and say hi, I talked to the UOC secretary right after I posted this
smile.png
she gave me some suggestions so between the ones on here and what I learned today I might be able to spiff her up for the show, if not its ok I will have the other one.

I did remove the rooster, he was a bit rough and grabbing anything that had legs ready or not, so He returned to his home coop
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom