Show requirements for Ameraucana

Soccerchicken

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 8, 2013
I was just wondering about the show requirements for ameraucanas. I have a sweet little girl with good conformation, but I didn't know what exactly they should look like.

(I also have a decent Barred Plymouth Rock is anyone knows about them.)

Do you have the APA standard of perfection? This book gives you everything you need to know about your birds from head to toe it gives every desirable characteristic, Disqualification, and Defect. Even if your birds aren't super show quality it can tell you what to get later on (it's definitely worth it) You can also send profile views of each bird so we can see even though there's a slight possibility no one can fully evaluate it online but for the most part you can try.

I was just wondering about the show requirements for ameraucanas. I have a sweet little girl with good conformation, but I didn't know what exactly they should look like.

(I also have a decent Barred Plymouth Rock is anyone knows about them.)
It can depend on where you're thinking of showing...local 4H fair or and APA sanctioned national show.

Post good, clear, well lighted, whole body side view pics of your bird over on the Ameraucana thread, they'll give you some tips.

Back
Top Bottom