Show saxony ducks

Learningstill

Songster
6 Years
Jun 10, 2013
Hi everyone,

I tried asking some questions about show saxony ducks and drakes, but I did not have response. Please if anyone shows saxony ducks share tips on what a judge looks for.

Questions we currently have are:

We have one drake and one duck which are larger than the other drake and duck. Should my children pair the two bigger and two smaller or one small with one big?

What color should the duck's bean be?
Also, one duck looks like she had some sort of injury in the past to her bill, will that get her disqualified?

Thanks! Any tips and pointers welcome as well as pictures of your show ducks and drakes!
Biggest drake

Biggest duck

Last edited:
I have not shown or judged in years, but my suggestions would be to pair similar-sized birds if they are being judged as pairs. The bill damage shouldn't be a DQ, but it will hurt when being compared with other birds.

Get a copy and compare each bird with the SOP.

Clint

I have not shown or judged in years, but my suggestions would be to pair similar-sized birds if they are being judged as pairs. The bill damage shouldn't be a DQ, but it will hurt when being compared with other birds.

Get a copy and compare each bird with the SOP.

Clint

I do have the standard, but it is like reading a foreign language....:) I was kinda hoping everyone can help us understand what we are looking at. We are fairly new to all this and very new to saxony ducks.

They are judged as pairs and by themselves for breed.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom