Show some pictures of your Araucanas, Ameraucanas or EEs!!!

Quote:
That's one thing I've noticed about these girls...they can be very...VERY photogenic compared to everyone else. It's kinda silly. They are so silly. All of mine have been friendly...except for one who my mother dubbed Psycho Stick. Hand raised like everyone else, just never became friendly. Cheeky used to live in the garage with my silkie and brahma while we were building the coop. Every night she would sleep on top of the fridge out there and complain whenever someone came out and turned on the light.
Artek was a super friendly roo! He just wasn't friendly with my white d'uccle...he almost killed him.
Gotta love those minty green eggs! When I give eggs away, people often tell me I took all the fun out of easter. >_<
I'm sure a lot of people with EE have heard that. It's funny though...just the same.
I'M A TALKER, need to learn to stop!

This is Flossy my Araucauna Pullet who is almost 4 months old

MISSBELVEDEREHUEVOROSIE32-2.jpg

MISSBELVEDEREHUEVOROSIE33-1.jpg

Here are a few of my True Araucanas. These are a rare breed of bird that was first created in Chile and further developed into what is today the Modern Araucana, a rumpless ( no tail or even a tail bone) Tufted ( There are long feathers sticking out of their cheeks not fluff) blue egg laying chicken.

This is my Birchen Roo Henry the 8th and one of his girls.
19098_4-25-2011_148.jpg

This is my white roo Harley and his girls
19098_4-25-2011_124.jpg

This is a Black Breasted Red chick I just sold ( sorry the pic isn't so good)
19098_4-25-2011_004.jpg

A Splash pullet I sold
19098_11-10-2010_032.jpg

A splash hen
19098_tufted_splash_hen_2.jpg

A cuckoo roo chick with tufts just starting to grow
19098_9-28-2010_029.jpg

A nice black roo chick
19098_11-10-2010_054.jpg

Lanae

Beautiful pictures, Lanae! I know you are just up the road from me, so it's nice to see your birds.
Dawn in Healdsburg

Here are my nine-week old Ameraucana's from John Blehm (and one Chantecler he sent as well plus two SS a week older) on their first foray out... hysterical, actually!
65263_march_chicks_first_time_outside_25.jpg

65263_march_chicks_first_time_outside_27.jpg

Last edited:
68502_p1050706.jpg

This is Nugget. She's about 11 weeks old I think. Finally starting to calm down. She's still scared of the big girls, so when I feed them she comes running up to me now so she can eat from my hand. She's even getting her lil leghorn buddies to come up to me with her.
smile.png
Can't wait to see what color eggs she lays.

This is baby Skittles. We was just getting his muffy cheeks in.

79703_img_0649.jpg

an older Skittles. Weeks before his first crow.

79703_img_0010.jpg

My new girl mariposa/farrah fawcet (havn't decided yet) easter egger or americauna please? I think she's 6 weeks old, doesn't seem to have puffy cheeks, and legs are super pale and a little greeny.
85560_dscf2001.jpg

85560_dscf2002.jpg

Last edited:
92426_chickens.jpg

Here is my Amercauna, Robin and her buddy Eggie. Eggie is a gold sex link. Very smart and curious bird. Robin is the dominant bird, she warns when danger is near. She puff out her cheeks when sparring with other chickens, or to warn.

Back
Top Bottom