show trailer

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by jenjscott, Nov 1, 2010.

1. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    I took an old ATV trailer and re-purposed it for a show trailer. I can fit all of my chickens in my car, but I can't fit mine and my daughter and her chickens. It has a tarp to cover it with, and the chickens go in their individual boxes inside the trailer. It needs some paint, but the important part is getting there.

[​IMG]

2. Ryu

Ryu Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Awesome!

I am thinking about how to transport my birds. I have blazer, which makes for a stinky trip, or I borrow a truck with a topper that gets 12mi/gallon (ouch!).

I'm getting a car that gets great gas milage and was thinking about buying/building something similar. Have you used it yet? How do the birds like it?

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Do you use rubber matting on the floor so the cages don't slide and bump into each other?

4. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    That's a great idea. When not in use it could be used for many other options. Sick birds, quarantine, etc.

5. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    I like the rubber mat idea. I was planning on putting straps across the trailer to hold the crates against the front wall. Three across fit perfect, so no side sliding on a full row. I took it to town to get new tires, and a good thing too, it was falling off the trailer by the time I got home, so I had to do a little engineering. Hopefully it is now roadworthy, I will take it out again to make sure. Its also big enough for smaller sheep and goats, and turkeys.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by