Show us your nest boxes! Ingenous design post it here!

Pics
1 box for 3 leghorns, it works fine so far. You can read more about the coop here.

Great looking coop! I love how the nest box opens! We added a nest box after the coop was built and what a drafty mess we made
bow.gif
. I've used so much weatherstripping...still had to wrap it with heavy plastic for the cold winter...this gives me a new approach to think about ... hubby will be thrilled,
celebrate.gif

Oh man that's so sad! :aww

Just a couple weeks ago I went out for my evening chores and one of the nest boxes( I use covered cat boxes too) was tipped over...door side flat against the floor. I thought.... oh some girls were gettting rowdy today...I put it up right and a hen come RUNNING out of there...poor girl, I was shocked!

Folks be aware of this issue when useing them.

Wow, I have one in the run...I'll wire it to the chain link first thing in the AM. Many, many thanks!!

Last edited:
This is our nest box. I found it at Walmarts and it is made by Rubbermaid. The lid locks down nicely and the clear plastic front drops down and acts as a little bridge. There is a black border at the bottom which works great to keep the Bantam eggs from rolling out. Sophie the Papillon "Watch Dog" approved it and guards out 3 little City Bantams from roaming cats. We now have ten eggs inside and hope Lucy will set on them.
Gloria in South Louisiana.

Back
Top Bottom