Showgirl chicken? What? Could someone please explain this to me? xP

Thanks Mary. They're so interesting looking...but kind of creepy, almost like they're from another planet. Eh, reminds me of my whole flock.
lau.gif

Quote:
The breeders I know working on showgirls will disagree with that statement, and they have some of the best. I don't breed them, have never had any, so I rely on what they have said. Several month back the discussion on whether they should work towards being standardized as a variety or breed was discussed at length on one or the silkie groups--sorry, don't remember which one--the general consensus was a variety simply because they need to be bred back to retain type.

I agree with your assessment that it doesn't seem like that should be a necessity once the correct type is achieved, but the opinion of needing to breed back every two or three generations seemed to be pretty universal.

I do breed them, and it is not required that they be bred back to silkies. Although they CAN be does not necessarily mean they NEED to be once the type is perfected.

Last edited:
Quote:
sometimes I really doubt the mother loving them.
lol.png
We have one red naked neck bantam with just a few feathers for a bowtie. Not the prettiest bird on the farm.

Back
Top Bottom