Showgirl chicken? What? Could someone please explain this to me? xP

Shared Acres - thanks for those gorgeous pictures. I am so drawn to this breed for some reason! So beautiful.

Lilpeeps - thanks for the info. Although I think having a male showgirl sounds hilarious. DH is leaning over my shoulder and reading "male showgirl?? Is that a tranny chicken?" LOL.

i read on another board that you want to keep good quality silkies in the breeding pool. The general consensus was that if you keep breeding showgirls to showgirls (especially the ones without a bowtie), over time would result in too much nakedness all over the body. It was stated that the naked neck gene would create nakedness on other parts of the body. Has anyone else heard or experienced this?

BTW - i love my showgirls. They are the most graceful, sweetest chickens in my flock. Just now looking into breeding them.

I can't add much to the conversation, I just got my first Showgirls (or boys?) as chicks, 9 weeks ago. But, I AM IN LOVE! if you ever had any doubts, don't. Just get one. Or two. Or three.......

This little girl passed away over the weekend. She was so pretty & sweet, it broke our hearts.

P1010846.jpg

So, who sells eggs from this breed? I understand that you have to keep crossing in silkies, so is there silkie/SG eggs out there to buy? Interesting.....

i know this is an old thread, but i thought someone would like to see a showgirl chick. he/she is so sweet! he will be a week old tomorrow and already he sleeps in my hand and he also LOVES to snuggle around my neck, in my hair, and also loves to peck at my earrings. i'm in love already!

49716_dsc00806.jpg

I have SG up the wazoo these days. I have to take pics... I have been working towads lavender SG but so far just have a ton of lav sg splits mostly a partridge color and then ofcourse I have my white sg
smile.png
. The cool thing is that since one of my original sg is pencilled many of the chicks are turning out to be it is really neat. I will have to take some pics tomorow....

Quote:
yes, that's what i was thinking....partridge....but he's such a diluted "chipmunk" color, especially compared to his friend in the pic that i posted....see how that silkie's color is dark and bold? well not Chick Pea (the showgirl), his color is soft and gray-like. i think he's gonna be pretty! here's another pic that i took of his back. and please post pics of your showgirl too!
smile.png

49716_dsc00755.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom