Showgirl chicken? What? Could someone please explain this to me? xP

I like the fact that the showgirls show off two striking traits of silkies that, in normal silkies, are covered up- the black skin and the blue earlobes.

I have a nice white cockerel that I showed in MT that has a nice crest, striking black skin, and jewel-like blue earlobes. I wish they would get accepted.

Quote:
I'm trying to start up a lav showgirl project too!! I love showgirls!! I'm so glad you found the lav roo, I've been searching high & low for a lav SG with no success. I just got an awesome lav silkie roo & I have young SGs & silkies....beautiful blacks. Didn't you just win an auction on a lav silkie hen?? If that was you then you have a great start!! Good luck to you!!
big_smile.png

Reviving this great old thread.

My 8 year old is in love with Show Girls and wants some. Am I understanding correctly that they are not an accepted breed at shows? Do they go into the Bantam group as a Silkie or the Other category? She would only be showing as a 4-Her at local county fairs and possibly state fair. I have the list of birds entered in at State in 2010, there are many silkies so am leery of getting a breed with lots of competition.

One more question, we have large sized egg layers, can the SG live with them or do you keep separate? They look so delicate.

Thanks in advance.

First of all I would not house a showgirl with another breed except for silkies. I would also not house one alone.
Now on to the other stuff.......
Showgirls will show along side of the AOV silkies (colors that are not accepted yet) as well as other Showgirls. Just a heads up at most fairs they will most likely have to stay housed at the barn for up to a week along side of oher birds that may or may not be in the best of health. Not true for every fair but I have seen some birds that should have been put down as opposed to being shown at fairs. Why not just compete in the Jr section of ABA?

hey guys!

does anyone have the scoop on showgirls in southern california? I can't find a well written webpage to save my life. I'm looking local because I don't want to get into hatching eggs quite yet, but would REALLY love to have some showgirls.

thanks!

Quote:
u are more like pick up something from apa show where crazy breeder medicate crap out of them
most 4h show are small and kept as health as there owner know how we show at 4h shows and it great time

Back
Top Bottom