Showing Chickens?

MagsC

Queen Of Clueless
11 Years
Jul 27, 2008
Minnesota
I didnt want to hijack someone elses post so my question is, HOW does someone get into showing chickens? And are there certain seasons they show them or what?
It sounds like it might be interesting. I know my daughter would like to show for 4H, but outside of 4H what is there?

I can help you out on this part. I live in Ohio and I put in the computer "poultry shows" Then I found the southern ohio poultry association which led me to Russell in Amelia, Oh. You have to send the money to him to enter your chickens, etc. There is also a magazine I recently ordered called the Poultry Press P.O. Box 542 Connersville, Indiana 47331-0542 Phone Number 1-765-827-0932 e-mail [email protected]. How old is your daughter? The kids have to be 7yrs. to show. It cost $2 to enter. I am showing my first time in Lucasville of the 4th of Oct. I am excited, but I need to find out just what the judges are looking for. I would love to win, but if not that ok, too. I hope the info I gave you will help in some way.
big_smile.png

Thank you! The info was very helpful because it gives me a direction to start.
smile.png

Oh, my child is 16.(Okay, 16 on October 16th but close enough!
big_smile.png
)

Last edited:
Your ocal fair is another place to start too. You can enter for a small fee, even if it's just to get to know the other people showing there. I plan on doing that in May when ours comes around. I also hope to have a silkie or two to show there.

Back
Top Bottom