jBabychickn

Songster
Jul 19, 2021
Lexington, KY
My Coop
My Coop
~> My Latest True Love At First Sight <~

This Spring, I decided to let my Silkie Hens give Motherhood a go

First off, Mama Blossom had babies grafted to her on day 22, when I purchased 24hr old chicks for her from a local chicken-tender.
Ah, sigh of relief, it was a happy success! She’s a proven Mama now, one who really enjoys taking care of those babies. It’s been wondrous to behold…
You can literally see it in her face! :celebrate

This next part, was unplanned; but, it worked out really great!

Blossom’s time in her nest🪹, with those wood eggs under her, sprouted another broody hen!! Miss Pippa, my Silkie/easter Egger, climbed-in the nesting area and was quite adamant about all this Mama business! So… Our friendly local chicken-tender gave us a few fertile Silkie eggs for her. I promptly placed 3 eggs under Pippa; she was very happy to take over the delicate care of these precious eggs for the next 21 days…

On day 21, two babies were born and on day 23, the last chick was born! — To my extreme delight, one of these babies is a mottled Showgirl !!!

I’ve always wanted one; however, I didn’t know there was a chance. — Apparently, her NN Roo is still quite young and wasn’t in her mottled pen for very long, so she didn’t think there was much of a chance. Well, I’m just elated that she was wrong …
IMG_8517.jpeg
IMG_8512.jpeg
8EC75CEC-9EFE-41DF-ACFD-4FE710CAFD08.jpeg

~> My Latest True Love At First Sight <~

This Spring, I decided to let my Silkie Hens give Motherhood a go

First off, Mama Blossom had babies grafted to her on day 22, when I purchased 24hr old chicks for her from a local chicken-tender.
Ah, sigh of relief, it was a happy success! She’s a proven Mama now, one who really enjoys taking care of those babies. It’s been wondrous to behold…
You can literally see it in her face! :celebrate

This next part, was unplanned; but, it worked out really great!

Blossom’s time in her nest🪹, with those wood eggs under her, sprouted another broody hen!! Miss Pippa, my Silkie/easter Egger, climbed-in the nesting area and was quite adamant about all this Mama business! So… Our friendly local chicken-tender gave us a few fertile Silkie eggs for her. I promptly placed 3 eggs under Pippa; she was very happy to take over the delicate care of these precious eggs for the next 21 days…

On day 21, two babies were born and on day 23, the last chick was born! — To my extreme delight, one of these babies is a mottled Showgirl !!!

I’ve always wanted one; however, I didn’t know there was a chance. — Apparently, her NN Roo is still quite young and wasn’t in her mottled pen for very long, so she didn’t think there was much of a chance. Well, I’m just elated that she was wrong … View attachment 3484536View attachment 3484541View attachment 3484542
Oh my goodness....how do you stand the cuteness!! :loveThanks for sharing your babies! :jumpy

Back
Top Bottom