Showing off my hubby's hard work

What a sweetheart of a man... Wow... Give that fella a little sugar.. Nice coup!!! You rock!!! I wish my hubby would knock himself out like that... Your world is a good one!!!

What a great coop building - your painting and your husband's carpentry have really made this a nice set-up - and I love the corn crib run!! It may not be an issue for you since you free range a lot, but you might want to consider cutting some venting into the coop itself. They may be spending more time indoors during the winter, and I didn't see any ventilation beyond the one window? We cut several long narrow openings into our coop, and then covered them with hardware cloth. One has a latch up cover in case it gets dreadfully cold, and the others are designed to be open all the time, although we can easily hang or mount a cover for them. From the uneven cutting lines, you can tell this was my handiwork, and not my husband's!!

The one with the latch up cover
46815_12.jpg

The "always open" windows
46815_08.jpg

cool.png
Awesome! I admire people like yourself who can see something in a 'before' that allows hope for such a wonderful 'after'. I probably would have considered the original building too much work to invest (all hard work and energy) into it's move.
What a fantastic result and what an awesome husband.
wee.gif

Quote:
Actually, there are two more windows on the opposite end of the end you can see in the picture. I hope that three windows of that size will be good for air flow?

Back
Top Bottom