Showing Off My New Eggs

Cathage

In the Brooder
Nov 28, 2018
Canada
Hey guys! Just here to brag for my chicken a bit. Singing my own egg song. Check out their new eggs! They just started laying a couple days a go.
First Eggs.jpg

Then light one is from Ester my White Wyandotte but I haven't figured out who the other two culprits are.

They are not laying in their nesting boxes yet which is a bit bothersome but I hope they figure it out. Ester made a nest in the black berry bushes and has used it twice now even though I cut away all the protective brambles around it hoping to make it less appealing. She's also laying at 5 PM at night, so a bit weird but okay. Still, I am very proud of them.

Its wild how in the shade the eggs all look almost the same colour and in the sunlight they look so varied and beautiful!

Only three chickens are laying (or maybe two but I think that these eggs are all from different babes) so I am very excited to see what a full egg basket looks like!

Very nice. What type of chickens do you have?

I have a White Wyandotte - Ester
The orange lady in my photo is a Red and White Rhode Island cross - CiCi
Americana Easter Egger whatever you call it - Kickflip
I have two black with red bib chickens and black legs which I can't remember what they are. I contacted the breeder and he can't remember either because they look like two of his experiment. He thinks New Hampshire crossed with Barred Rock but they also may be some sort of Maran cross. - Cabbage and Jim
And a sassy Laced Barnevelder - Victor

They are all hens, my husband just named them.

Here's a picture of Cabbage from a month or so ago:
IMG_0429.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0589.jpg
    IMG_0589.jpg
    736.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0091.jpg
    IMG_0091.jpg
    558.2 KB · Views: 8
Pretty flock. Your EE looks like my ZuZu.
I've read that barnvelders are late layers.
Yes they are... my gal Claire was probably around 30weeks or more... well after everyone else started... she is my fave though.. sweetest thing.. that’s why I think Victor deserves to be called Vicky;)

Yes they are... my gal Claire was probably around 30weeks or more... well after everyone else started... she is my fave though.. sweetest thing.. that’s why I think Victor deserves to be called Vicky;)
Pretty flock. Your EE looks like my ZuZu.
I've read that barnvelders are late layers.

Thanks, I really like them! They all seem really healthy and happy and hilarious. I never would have guessed chickens were this funny. I'll have to check out photos of your flocks.

Thanks for the tips. "Vicky" may end up being the last one. Hard to always catch them in the act to know. All my chickens are laying pretty late but I think its because of them maturing in fall not summer.

Is that really a lavender colored egg??? Or just the lighting :love
It is lavender...sort of. If you look at it in the sun it looks purple. In fridge lighting it looks brown. There's no filter or anything on the photo though. But I did take the photo near the window with the brightest lighting to show off the differences.

Back
Top Bottom