Shrink wrapped duckling?

MemeGeorge

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 28, 2014
North Lincolnshire, UK
Is he shrink wrapped? He's been stuck for ages. He's still peeping and can open and close his beak but the membrane is bright white and quite rubbery all round him. It was a saddle shaped air cell. There is a large blood vessel in front of him so I've not touched him apart from keeping him moist but not around his beak/nose. Leave him be and see how he goes? Keep him moist? It's day 29 and he's the first of 8 I have in the incubator.

Is he shrink wrapped? He's been stuck for ages. He's still peeping and can open and close his beak but the membrane is bright white and quite rubbery all round him. It was a saddle shaped air cell. There is a large blood vessel in front of him so I've not touched him apart from keeping him moist but not around his beak/nose. Leave him be and see how he goes? Keep him moist? It's day 29 and he's the first of 8 I have in the incubator.
If you seem blood vessels he's not ready just keep the membrane moist and watch. I'll get your post to an experienced hatcher, i don't use bators.

If you seem blood vessels he's not ready just keep the membrane moist and watch. I'll get your post to an experienced hatcher, i don't use bators.  
Thank you. That's what I've been doing. He seems ok peeping and moving around and opening his beak. He's got a warm damp paper towel on part of the egg now. Not on his beak or anything and that seems to be keeping his membrane moist.

Thank you. That's what I've been doing. He seems ok peeping and moving around and opening his beak. He's got a warm damp paper towel on part of the egg now. Not on his beak or anything and that seems to be keeping his membrane moist.
Good for you and glad to hear how well it's doing. I sent your post to 2 with experience so hopefully we'll hear from them soon .

Peal some more shell, get as close to the membrane as you possible can, ONLY wet him every two hours, he kind of looks sticky to me, which would explain why those veins aren't absorbing. Take off as Much of the shell as you can, I can see you can take off a lot. Then send me a pic, don't wet him so that I can see what the rest looks like..

Peal some more shell, get as close to the membrane as you possible can, ONLY wet him every two hours, he kind of looks sticky to me, which would explain why those veins aren't absorbing.  Take off as Much of the shell as you can, I can see you can take off a lot.  Then send me a pic, don't wet him so that I can see what the rest looks like..

Yes, I see it now, she's definitely shrink wrapping, OK, get a qtip and wet her. Keep wetting her every two hours. Go ahead and wet her now and send me one more pic, lets see how those veins look..
Before sending the next pic, make sure you wet her so that the membrane is see threw, we want to see those veins.

Yes, I see it now, she's definitely shrink wrapping, OK, get a qtip and wet her.  Keep wetting her every two hours.  Go ahead and wet her now and send me one more pic, lets see how those veins look..

And to add to the fun another egg has pipped the wrong end :/ I'm not having much luck lol but they are both alive an peeping at the minute.

Back
Top Bottom