Shrink wrapped ducklings?

You're doing exactly what I would do as far as leaving them be overnight. If you're seeing the yolk and all. If they can breathe they won't die. (from suffocation). What day are they on and what is your humidity at?

Good news! One of the ducklings doesn't actually have that much yolk left and is almost all the way out. The other one seems more lively and is moving it's head more. It's much less worse than I thought. Still not going to get my hopes up, but at least it's some hope.

Good news! One of the ducklings doesn't actually have that much yolk left and is almost all the way out. The other one seems more lively and is moving it's head more. It's much less worse than I thought. Still not going to get my hopes up, but at least it's some hope.

fl.gif

That's great. Duckies do take a little longer than chickens and have a tendency for making us nervous wrecks. That's why we should do what Miss Lydia does and use a hen!

I want to use my mallards, but they don't understand how to go broody. When I put them in at night they will run over and sit on eggs, but as soon as the coop door opens it's, "Eggs? What eggs?" The furthest along duckling just broke off it's umbilical cord (the remaining yolk was a tiny amount and was stringy.) The other is now half way out, but still hasn't opened it's eyes. I have my fingers crossed
fl.gif

I want to use my mallards, but they don't understand how to go broody. When I put them in at night they will run over and sit on eggs, but as soon as the coop door opens it's, "Eggs? What eggs?" The furthest along duckling just broke off it's umbilical cord (the remaining yolk was a tiny amount and was stringy.) The other is now half way out, but still hasn't opened it's eyes. I have my fingers crossed
fl.gif

Same here!

And the parakeets singing are hilarious!

As I look at them they look more like pure bred mallards than Khaki/Mallard crosses or WH/Mallard crosses. I know that the mallard part is more dominant, but I am intrigued as to what they will look like as they (hopefully) age?

Back
Top Bottom