Shrink wrapped goose egg?

yesterDAYNE

yurkey crazy
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
Apr 27, 2017
Oklahoma
Hi all. 2 of our geese have been sitting on eggs for about a month. They were sitting on probably about 30 because the other geese kept going in and laying more. We finally pulled all of them out and brought them in to candle so we could throw out the ones that werent developed. Turns out one of them had externally pipped. I turned on the incubator real quick and set it to 98.5 with around 65% humidity and placed it and a couple of eggs that looked like they had internally pipped in with it. I didnt want to put them back under the moms because we had a lot of still developing eggs we wanted to sit back under them without risk of the hatching ones getting pushed out from crowding.

I have no idea what time this egg pipped, or what day it's on. It's been about 24 hours since we discovered it externally pipped yesterday and it made a little bit of a bigger hole, but when we looked at it the inner membrane was pretty far away from the shell and looked dry. Ill admit I did take it out and peel a little shell off because I wanted to see if me seeing the dry membrane was right. I dont want to intervene anymore too fast, but aside from what it did this morning it hasnt made more progress. Just wanting thoughts on if I should wait longer or intervene. Thanks for any help.

20210702_165850.jpg 20210702_165843.jpg 20210702_165752.jpg

Hi all. 2 of our geese have been sitting on eggs for about a month. They were sitting on probably about 30 because the other geese kept going in and laying more. We finally pulled all of them out and brought them in to candle so we could throw out the ones that werent developed. Turns out one of them had externally pipped. I turned on the incubator real quick and set it to 98.5 with around 65% humidity and placed it and a couple of eggs that looked like they had internally pipped in with it. I didnt want to put them back under the moms because we had a lot of still developing eggs we wanted to sit back under them without risk of the hatching ones getting pushed out from crowding.

I have no idea what time this egg pipped, or what day it's on. It's been about 24 hours since we discovered it externally pipped yesterday and it made a little bit of a bigger hole, but when we looked at it the inner membrane was pretty far away from the shell and looked dry. Ill admit I did take it out and peel a little shell off because I wanted to see if me seeing the dry membrane was right. I dont want to intervene anymore too fast, but aside from what it did this morning it hasnt made more progress. Just wanting thoughts on if I should wait longer or intervene. Thanks for any help.

View attachment 2745004View attachment 2745005View attachment 2745006
Give it more time. It should finish hatching within 6-7 hours or more/less time.

Back
Top Bottom