Shrink wrapped?

Tiana's chickens

Songster
Dec 7, 2017
Is this chick shrink wrapped? The membrane has shrink and detached from the wall of the egg. What should I do?
Humidity accidentally dropped to 30% while I was asleep. I've boosted it to 80% now to try and compensate. Chick is currently still alive in the egg
IMG_0445.JPG

Is this chick shrink wrapped? The membrane has shrink and detached from the wall of the egg. What should I do?
Humidity accidentally dropped to 30% while I was asleep. I've boosted it to 80% now to try and compensate. Chick is currently still alive in the egg
View attachment 1696578
80% is too high. It'll make what liquid is still in there turn into glue. bring it back down around 70%. You'll likely have to help this one, coconut oil or vaseline on the white membrane will help you to see when the veins are gone. I'd wait on assisting until at least one other chick has hatched. or if you know approximately when it pipped externally 24 hours after that.

Thank you all so much! I applied some coconut oil and can see the veins now so I'll wait for them to go before assisting- if she needs it. Humidity is coming down now.
Unsure when she pipped as the eggs have been jumbled up by the chicks

Just put more coconut oil on and pulled back some shell, all the veins were now absorbed and she was struggling to turn for a while but I think she's just started unzipping by herself now!! :love

IMG_0446.JPG

Back
Top Bottom