shroomin' hen

kinnip

Songster
11 Years
Feb 24, 2008
Carrollton, GA
Unable to leave well enough alone, I've continued researching the symptoms my sweet Louisa suffered from recently. She's back to normal, except for an endearing habit she's developed of wanting to be on me. Her symptoms (disinclination to move or eat, and a few watery, white, mucousy poos) were consistent with mycotoxicosis. None of the other chickens showed signs of poisoning, so I ruled out the food. My BF had given them a handful of weed clippings the day before, hmmm? We live in the woods, there are tons of mushrooms coming up. In fact, about a week ago we were noting the presence of a "magic mushroom" just outside the run. The only symptom for which I had not accounted was her predilection for keeping her eyes closed. Could it be because every time she opened them, her world turned psychadelic?

Headache? I had a duck with a similar mild poisoning from the mold that grows on peanuts . . . word escapes me right now. I thought maybe she got headaches from it.

Sometimes they get into things they shouldn't. Try not to blame it on your BF.
wink.png

one of our labs has the habit of plucking up mushrooms "one at a time" and then eating it before you can get it from him. i thought he was just dumb, never thought he was on a shroom trip!
tongue.png
what does a magic mushroom look like?

Back
Top Bottom