Shuffling walk

Sooty&Sweep

Hatching
10 Years
Sep 28, 2009
Hi. We have 2 6month old Black Orpingtons. They seemed very healthy up until a week ago when I noticed Sooty was squatting when she should be standing, with her tail tucked almost under her. Because of this posture a lot of fecal matter and mud ended up sticking around the vent. I took her to the vet, she was wormed and we cut the dreadlocked feathers off her. She is feeding and laying normally but looking like a hunch back with a shuffling walk when shes hunting in the garden. She is hesitant to straighten her knees but can do when she's pushed to. She has started to lose feathers on her belly/breast because she is spending so much time squatting and lying forward to peck at things. Any tips to help her stand properly again and become more mobile? Cheers

Probably a vitamin deficiency, it is common. Start her on vitamins asap; Aviacharge 2000, and chick grit for calcium. Have they had vaccinations for the common diseases? Since you've been to the vet once, I'd make another trip back there asap if I were you. Good luck it is hard to to treat. Cute names for both!
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom