sicilian buttercups

dave3877

Songster
12 Years
Sep 16, 2007
crockett, texas
ok ya'll i'm having a problem with a sicilian buttercup pullet and sicilian buttercup rooster i have. before i go any further i will say i use a gqf genesis incubator with an auto egg turner for the first 18 days and a gqf still air incubator for last 3 days and hatching off. anyways i have 2 sicilian buttercup pullets and 1 rooster. the rooster i got from ideal poultry and the pullets from xtreme gamebird in elgin. anyways all seem healthy and well but i've tried breeding them and i know the buttercup inst sterile or anything because he got loose and crossed with my rhode island red (look for my last post and you can see the results lol). anyways none of the buttercup eggs have made a viable hatch yet.i have had 1 actually hatch and died minutes after being born not to mention him taking 22 days to hatch. the others have been half developed stillborn or just mush. i know the genesis is keeping temperaure right i keep an additional thermometor/hygrometor so everything should be perfect. my hatcher is set perfect. i have a high success rate especially with my brown eggers. but this keeps happening but only with this breed. i know im rambling but im ready to tear my hair out . is it what im doing or is it the breed?are they really this hard to breed? please help .

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom