Sick 7 month old hen - egg bound?

Is she walking around normally if you pick her up and move her? Or is she running back to the nest box? Does her breath smell sour or bad?
She is pretty much frozen in place most of the time, sleeping, or walking around in very slow motion to eat a little or drink a lot. She has not been in a nest box for 3 days and I have not noticed a sour breath but she does seem to be "burping" so i will double check. Thank you

No sour breath and crop definitely emptied overnight. Seems a little better today on day three of antibiotic, ate corn and grazed. Is chicken depression possible?? If so what are cures??

Is she walking around normally if you pick her up and move her? Or is she running back to the nest box? Does her breath smell sour or bad?
Day four of antibiotics and she seems MUCH better, been supplementing normal food with some corn and other fruits and she is almost back to normal. Still no egg, but thank you so much @Eggcessive @wyorprock and everyone else for you help!

Glad to hear that she is feeling better and getting back to normal. It sounds like the antibiotics made a difference. I would give her some probiotics or a little plain yogurt in her food to help her gut bacteria get back to normal.

Back
Top Bottom