Sick 9 week old chick!

edmick

Chirping
Feb 10, 2016
southern california
My friend down the street who also raises chickens just had a 9 week old chick come down with something very suddenly. The pullet was fine this morning then this afternoon was laying on her side and was very disoriented. The poor thing looks like it's on the verge of death but we have no idea what could cause such a rapid decline in a seemingly healthy bird. We syringe fed some water and tylosin cuz that's all we had but does anyone have any ideas?

My friend down the street who also raises chickens just had a 9 week old chick come down with something very suddenly. The pullet was fine this morning then this afternoon was laying on her side and was very disoriented. The poor thing looks like it's on the verge of death but we have no idea what could cause such a rapid decline in a seemingly healthy bird. We syringe fed some water and tylosin cuz that's all we had but does anyone have any ideas?
i had this same thing happen , only a 40 week old hen die . She had a limp , then within a few hours she was laying on her side not able to move at all ... Figured out that it was mareks disease , i would do some research and compare symptoms and see if it is mareks disease.

Back
Top Bottom