Sick and tired of SNOW

What people usually do (who think ahead...) is snowplow down to the surface. If that becomes packed snow or ice, dump dirt on it for traction. Then it snows again. Snowplow again. Maybe your dirt is still there and enough to give traction. If not, dump more dirt.

There is a LOT of dirty snow by the end of the winter. Of course, we didn't think we'd need the dirt pile since we really didn't have this much snow the last 3 winters or so.

Quote:
Do you have a neighbor who burns wood or coal? We used to use the ash for traction, or in a pinch...kitty litter.

Hee, hee!
I saw the heading and I was going to respond that you should come see what it's like for us in Vermont this year, but I see that is where you are from!
I've had it too, and more is falling as we speak...

lol.png
We have been hit miserably hard this winter.

I do use whatever wood stove ashes we have on ice- best thing ever! But, we don't heat with the wood stove- it is more recreational, so we only get a couple of small ash cans full over the course of the winter. I was considering lighting the stove today just to get the ash.
cool.png

Yeah, and then MORE snow coming (at least here in Maine) on Saturday and then again on Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRR. I will never be able to plant peas on St. Patrick's Day. My garden is under about 5 feet right now, because the neighbor shovels his driveway onto it. Not gonna melt till MAY at this rate!
Stacey

I feel your pain. I swear it snows every other day and it just does not want to go away. It started in oct and has yet to leave when will spring get here
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom