Sick Bird. I need help!

I have a 6 1/2 month old EE who is lethargic, not eating or drinking. I also have noticed I have not seen her poop in the last hour! 😳
She has not started laying yet.
We recently have had some cold nights- the lowest was 17F. She is the only chicken who has acted cold. Hiding one foot at a time in her feathers. I brought her inside and made some scrambled eggs with garlic and she won’t eat. I did get some water with ACV in her with a syringe. I don’t know what is wrong or what to do next.
Any help would we much appreciated!
I noticed when I felt her abdomen she bared down a little and seems uncomfortable.
She does act like she is pushing when I feel her abdomen.
Feel inside her vent with a gloved, lubricated finger for an egg.
Any bloat or fluid in the abdomen?

It's possible. Is the new waterer a different design, or just a bowl? Look for bloody poop or worms in the poop.
Yes- the bowl is different. We just got a heated dog bowl. They are used to drinking out of a chicken water and a bowl in the yard but this was completely new. I have seen a few of them drink from it but not her.

So... My chicken is eating and drinking again and seems much better. I am putting her outside today to see how she does. However now I have another bird who has an empty crop and is acting cold and it’s almost 50F today. 🤷‍♀️
Does anyone know if Asparagus berries are toxic to chickens? Could that be the problem??

Back
Top Bottom